How was Brexit voted?
Referendum result In the referendum 51.89% voted in favour of leaving the EU (Leave), and 48.11% voted in favour of remaining a member of the EU (Remain). After this result, Cameron resigned on 13 July 2016, with Theresa May becoming Prime Minister after a leadership contest.
How did Bedfordshire vote in the referendum?
In total 89,134 residents (56 per cent) voted to leave the EU, while 69,670 (44 per cent) voted to remain. The turnout was 78 per cent. The total number of valid votes cast in Central Bedfordshire was 158,896, with 90 ballot papers rejected.
How did Ashfield vote in the referendum?
In the 2016 referendum on membership of the European Union, Ashfield voted 70% in favour of Brexit.
Who voted against Brexit deal?
Voting against the deal were 118 Conservative MPs, 248 Labour MPs, all 35 SNP MPs, all 11 Liberal Democrat MPs, all 10 DUP MPs, all 4 Plaid Cymru MPs, the sole Green MP, and 5 independent MPs. The three Labour MPs who voted for the deal were Ian Austin, Kevin Barron, and John Mann.
Are Ireland part of the UK?
Ireland became a republic in 1949 and Northern Ireland remains part of the United Kingdom.
Which country voted to leave the European Union?
The UK formally left the EU on 31 January 2020, following on a public vote held in June 2016.
Who is Ashfield MP?
Lee Anderson (born 6 January 1967) is a British Conservative politician who has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Ashfield since 2019.