- 1 Where is the best area to live in Nottingham?
- 2 Is Nottingham good place to live?
- 3 What are the safest areas to live in Nottingham?
- 4 Is Nottingham a posh area?
- 5 Is Nottingham cheap to live in?
- 6 Is Nottingham a safe place to live?
- 7 Why is Nottingham so poor?
- 8 What is a person from Nottingham called?
- 9 Is Nottingham pretty?
- 10 Is Nottingham safe at night?
- 11 Which city in UK has highest crime rate?
- 12 How expensive is it to live in Nottingham?
- 13 What is the richest road in Nottingham?
- 14 Where do the rich live in Nottingham?
- 15 Is Sherwood Nottingham a nice place to live?
Where is the best area to live in Nottingham?
The best areas to live in Nottingham
- 1 – Arnold. Arnold is a historic and community-driven town and one of the largest towns in the county of Nottinghamshire.
- 2 – Beeston. Beeston is a large town located southwest of the Nottingham City Centre.
- 3 – Mapperley.
- 4 – The Park.
- 5 – Ruddington.
- 6 – West Bridgford.
- 7 – Woodborough.
Is Nottingham good place to live?
In a 2017 www.moneysupermarket.com poll, Nottingham was voted as the 6th best city in the UK to raise a family. Nottingham is a great city for families as there is always so much going on, there are some great schools, plenty of parks, easy access to the countryside, and a very good public transport service.
What are the safest areas to live in Nottingham?
The safest area of Nottingham is Wollaton East and Lenton Abbey, with 53 crimes reported in March 2017. This is followed by Wollaton West (90 crimes), Clifton North (100 crimes), Bulwell Forest (113 crimes) and Leen Valley (116 crimes).
Is Nottingham a posh area?
Anywhere south of the river or rushcliffe can be considered posh, very affluent area with high achieving schools, and Nottingham Forest based there. Nottingham itself the defiantly the Park is posh. Mapperley Park, The Park, Edwalton, Wollaton, West & East Bridgford. Lots of the little villages around Nottinghamshire.
Is Nottingham cheap to live in?
Nottingham is the ninth cheapest city for graduates to live in, which means more nights at Ocean. The City of Nottingham has been ranked as the UK’s ninth cheapest cities for recent graduates to live in, placing above the country’s most expensive student citys London, Oxford, and Reading.
Is Nottingham a safe place to live?
Nottingham is the most dangerous major city in Nottinghamshire, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of Nottinghamshire’s 245 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Nottingham in 2020 was 108 crimes per 1,000 people.
Why is Nottingham so poor?
The city’s tight boundaries is cited as the other main reason behind Nottingham’s poor performance in the ranking. It means many of the suburbs and more affluent areas like West Bridgford and Beeston, where people have more money to spend, are not included in the city figures.
What is a person from Nottingham called?
Liverpudlian, Scouser, Scouse. London. Londoner, Cockney. Manchester. Mancunian.
Is Nottingham pretty?
Hayley, despite all the negative comments about the place, it’s generally pretty good. Like all cities, Nottingham has it’s crime, poverty and other problems, but you could do far worse. It’s by far the nicest city in the Midlands. Avoid places like Bestwood, Bulwell, and most inner city areas.
Is Nottingham safe at night?
Nottingham has been accredited as a ‘Purple Flag’ city for the eighth consecutive year, meaning it has been formally recognised as a safe place for a night out.
Which city in UK has highest crime rate?
With a crime rate of 109.7 per 1,000 people Cleveland, in North East England, had the highest crime rate of all the police force areas in England and Wales in 2020/21.
How expensive is it to live in Nottingham?
Summary about cost of living in Nottingham, United Kingdom: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 3,184$ (2,328£) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 905$ (661£) without rent. Nottingham is 28.35% less expensive than New York (without rent).
What is the richest road in Nottingham?
SHEEPWALK LANE, RAVENSHEAD, NOTTINGHAM Making the list of most expensive streets in Sheepwalk Lane where homes come in at an average of £595,000.
Where do the rich live in Nottingham?
The top five highest average property values in Nottinghamshire
- Beeston Fields Drive, Nottingham NG9. Average value £1,358,286.
- Croft Road, Edwalton, Nottingham NG12. Average value £1,223,778.
- Grange Road, Edwalton, Nottingham NG12.
- Blidworth Waye, Papplewick, Nottingham NG15.
- Church Lane, Widmerpool, Nottingham NG12.
Is Sherwood Nottingham a nice place to live?
sherwood is quite ok. there are a lot of shops and quite a few students live there. Sneinton is another studenty area, and is within walking distance to town. it will all depend on your budget really.