- 1 Where is the best area to live in Nottingham?
- 2 What are the worst areas in Nottingham?
- 3 Is Nottingham good place to live?
- 4 What is the posh part of Nottingham?
- 5 Is Nottingham cheap to live in?
- 6 How expensive is it to live in Nottingham?
- 7 Is Nottingham safe at night?
- 8 Is Nottingham safe place to live?
- 9 Which city in UK has highest crime rate?
- 10 Why is Nottingham so poor?
- 11 What is a person from Nottingham called?
- 12 What’s the worst place to live in the UK?
- 13 What is the richest road in Nottingham?
- 14 Where do the rich live in Nottingham?
- 15 Is mapperley posh?
Where is the best area to live in Nottingham?
The best areas to live in Nottingham
- 1 – Arnold. Arnold is a historic and community-driven town and one of the largest towns in the county of Nottinghamshire.
- 2 – Beeston. Beeston is a large town located southwest of the Nottingham City Centre.
- 3 – Mapperley.
- 4 – The Park.
- 5 – Ruddington.
- 6 – West Bridgford.
- 7 – Woodborough.
What are the worst areas in Nottingham?
Of the 20 wards in Nottingham, Bridge statistically is the worst for crime, with 742 crimes reported in March 2017 alone. The second highest crime area is St Ann’s, with 482 crimes reported. Arboretum, Radford and Park, and Berridge follow St Ann’s, respectively.
Is Nottingham good place to live?
In a 2017 www.moneysupermarket.com poll, Nottingham was voted as the 6th best city in the UK to raise a family. Nottingham is a great city for families as there is always so much going on, there are some great schools, plenty of parks, easy access to the countryside, and a very good public transport service.
What is the posh part of Nottingham?
What do you mean by posh? Anywhere south of the river or rushcliffe can be considered posh, very affluent area with high achieving schools, and Nottingham Forest based there. Nottingham itself the defiantly the Park is posh. Mapperley Park, The Park, Edwalton, Wollaton, West & East Bridgford.
Is Nottingham cheap to live in?
Nottingham is the ninth cheapest city for graduates to live in, which means more nights at Ocean. The City of Nottingham has been ranked as the UK’s ninth cheapest cities for recent graduates to live in, placing above the country’s most expensive student citys London, Oxford, and Reading.
How expensive is it to live in Nottingham?
Summary about cost of living in Nottingham, United Kingdom: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 3,184$ (2,328£) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 905$ (661£) without rent. Nottingham is 28.35% less expensive than New York (without rent).
Is Nottingham safe at night?
Nottingham has been accredited as a ‘Purple Flag’ city for the eighth consecutive year, meaning it has been formally recognised as a safe place for a night out.
Is Nottingham safe place to live?
Nottingham is the most dangerous major city in Nottinghamshire, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of Nottinghamshire’s 245 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Nottingham in 2020 was 108 crimes per 1,000 people.
Which city in UK has highest crime rate?
With a crime rate of 109.7 per 1,000 people Cleveland, in North East England, had the highest crime rate of all the police force areas in England and Wales in 2020/21.
Why is Nottingham so poor?
The city’s tight boundaries is cited as the other main reason behind Nottingham’s poor performance in the ranking. It means many of the suburbs and more affluent areas like West Bridgford and Beeston, where people have more money to spend, are not included in the city figures.
What is a person from Nottingham called?
Liverpudlian, Scouser, Scouse. London. Londoner, Cockney. Manchester. Mancunian.
What’s the worst place to live in the UK?
Peterborough has been listed number Worst Town in England for the third year running in the tongue-in-cheek survey, with Huddersfield falling a close second.
What is the richest road in Nottingham?
SHEEPWALK LANE, RAVENSHEAD, NOTTINGHAM Making the list of most expensive streets in Sheepwalk Lane where homes come in at an average of £595,000.
Where do the rich live in Nottingham?
The top five highest average property values in Nottinghamshire
- Beeston Fields Drive, Nottingham NG9. Average value £1,358,286.
- Croft Road, Edwalton, Nottingham NG12. Average value £1,223,778.
- Grange Road, Edwalton, Nottingham NG12.
- Blidworth Waye, Papplewick, Nottingham NG15.
- Church Lane, Widmerpool, Nottingham NG12.
Is mapperley posh?
Mapperley is a popular suburb which boasts many of Nottingham’s most desirable properties. There are a good range of local shops and conveniences in walking distance on Mapperley Top, and excellent transport links running into Nottingham City Centre and out into the surrounding countryside.