- 1 What is a bar top made of?
- 2 How thick should a bar countertop be?
- 3 What kind of wood is good for a bar top?
- 4 What should I use for bar top?
- 5 What is the average bar height?
- 6 How tall should bars be?
- 7 Is polyurethane good for bar top?
- 8 What is the typical bar overhang?
- 9 Is 45 inches too high for a bar?
- 10 How deep is a bar counter?
What is a bar top made of?
What are the Best Bar Top Materials?
- Laminate. Laminate is an affordable material that is easy to care for and available in a wide range of colors and styles.
- Granite. If you are looking for something high-end, granite is a great option.
- Solid Surface.
How thick should a bar countertop be?
Home bar tops are usually between 12- to 16-inches wide. Commercial bar tops vary from 20- to 28-inches in width, including a drink rail (or trough) on the server side of the bar. Drink rails are typically 3/4-inch deep by 4-inches wide. The minimum bar top thickness is 1 3/4-inches utilizing a flat grain wood.
What kind of wood is good for a bar top?
Finding the Best Wood for Bar Tops
- Reclaimed wood is the best wood for bar tops if you want a rustic bar.
- Oak is strong, stiff and resistant to warping.
- Wood bar tops can be pale honey-colored, classic dark brown or dramatic golden brown.
What should I use for bar top?
Wood. This is our favorite bar top material, for obvious reasons, and its long-standing status as top of the charts is a testament to how versatile, affordable, and long-lasting wood can be when treated correctly. Wood comes in a variety of species and colors, and can be further stained to create the look you want.
What is the average bar height?
A bar-height table generally measures in the 40- to 42-inch height range. A counter-height table runs about 34 to 36 inches tall, and standard dining-height tables range from 28 to 30 inches tall.
How tall should bars be?
The standard height for a bar in the United States is 42 inches. This is the perfect height for a 30 inch bar stool. You want 12 inches of clearance between the top of the bar stool and the top of the bar.
Is polyurethane good for bar top?
For a brushed-on finish, oil-based polyurethane is best. It is significantly more durable than water-based polyurethane for bar tops and restaurant tables because alcohol spills and the chemicals used for cleaning will soften water-based polyurethane over time.
What is the typical bar overhang?
A typical overhang for a comfortable seating area should be around 25-30cm (10-12”), this should leave enough knee room and adequate space between the countertop edge and the person seated. Therefore, as the depth of the overhang increases, so does the comfort and usability of the bar.
Is 45 inches too high for a bar?
Commercial Bars They should measure between 42 to 45 inches. In this case, you should consider the average height of both males and females, which is 5 feet, 4 inches. This is equivalent to 64.8 inches, which makes 42 -45 inches perfect for a commercial bar setting.
How deep is a bar counter?
Bar counter depth can range from 16 to 20 inches deep, depending on your preference. This is also going to depend on the type of seating you choose and what kind of overhang is recommended so that your guests can sit comfortably at the bar with enough leg room.